Hey I know this is completely obvious to most people, but how do you post images on here? I wanted to post one for my new game, I think linking to my sites images is blocked by the forum host because I haven't updated my site security certificate (which I will get around to)
buuuut, I have tried uploading to imgur and then using the imbed code from that, still doesn't seem to work. Hows everyone else doing it?
I. Click "Add Attachment" in the upper right corner when you are creating post (not quick reply). Add image files that you want from your computer, wait for them to be uploaded to the forum. Then click the "Insert" button that appears, and the image will be in you posts at the current position of the caret!
- Reliable, because it doesn't depend on external hosting. - Quick, for the same reason (you don't have to visit any external sites).
- Most images will be shrinked to a pretty small thumbnail in your posts. Clicking on it will bring the full-size image, but only for registered members. - There is a limit on total image attachments on the forum, though as I found out once, it's pretty high. - Sometimes the "Insert" function can glitch. - Only 3 attachments allowed per post, and only up to 1 MB each. - Doesn't work in Personal Messages.
II. Hotlinking. This means linking to an image on external site, usually picture hosting. To do that, click the "Insert Image" button on the panel where other edits to the post are made (like fonts and colors).
- You don't need to know the BB code for embedding the images, the UI will do it for you. You only need to provide the exact link to the image file (i.e. jpg/png/gif... but not htm/html). Right click on the image within the html page, select "View Image" to get the exact link, then copy and use the resulting address to insert the image. - The image will appear in full size in your post. - Works in PM.
III. Hotlinking via Disroot Hub. It's how my signature image works. This works just like method II, except you use the DisHub site, which offers you a certain space for hosting your images. To do that, you need an account at disroot.org/en , and after registration log into the site hub.disroot.org/ . You will then have the option to upload your pictures there, set the view option to "Public", get the link to the image via "Share" button and off you go!
- Has the advantages of Method II plus being pretty reliable and secure. I wouldn't trust any internet service, but DisHub is clearly one of the better options, compared to all others. - With disroot account, you will also have access to a whole bunch of services, including XMPP chat account and email! Registration is free of charge.
- The most time-consuming method on this list (but the most rewarding too). It's really worth it, after registration you can add photos quickly, whenever you want. - Sometimes DisHub can be offline and your images won't display for a while. Happens rarely though.